IMM

Default CM67 Optimum Start algorithm

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 11:49:15 -0000, "IMM" wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 10:56:44 -0000, "Neil Jones"
wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message The Hometronic

system
itself isn't new and has been around in Germany
for a number of years, where it is quite suited to apartment
installations. The earlier version of the radiator valve was RF
controlled as well but AFAICR did not have transmission capability

a boiler interlock device.

The CF67z is new, although one point to realise is that it will only
cover two zones to a set point. Each HR80 can be set in itself but
then that is not under CM67z control. The data sheet leaves that

bit
out.

Also, since each HR80 uses 2 x AAA batteries, it is going to make
Duracell shareholders very happy. :-)

Some interesting ideas though

I looked at Hometronic last year but I think it's far too expensive

for
what it is.

I'm vaguely interested in the new solution, but only if it's

comparable
in price with a normal CM67 + TRV solution. If it's a lot more, I'd be
more interested in getting a solution with a bit more intelligence

which
could be integrated into a whole house system.

Neil

Quite. I would be surprised if the valves are south of £100 a go.

I've been developing a system which includes this type of
functionality plus a great deal more. There are some commercially
exploitable aspects, so I don't want to expand on the details as yet.

Just give us the functionality, not the details. I'm certain it has

already
been thought of.

Nope. I m certain that the overall concept has not been thought of
before and I am not even going to describe it in outline.

Give an overview and I will tell you if you are going up a blind alley.