william kossack

you bet

Leo Van Der Loo wrote in message ...
Don't know William but I think a arborist could be a artist? yes?

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

william kossack wrote:

A craftsman and an artist are not mutually exclusive concepts except a
craftsman discounts the price of a work with mistakes and an artist
increases the price of a work with mistakes. (a little joke)

However an artist will never call it a mistake. (another little joke)

Then again is a perfect photograph the product of a craftsman or an
artist?

A craftsman would be able to take the picture again. An artist would
not want to.

Finally, art is in the eye of the beholder. It can be something as
discusting as a jar of urine or be a finely carved and polished statue
done hundreds of years ago. It can take minutes or years to create.
I bet you could not convince a parent that the 1st grade drawings on
their refridgerator are not art.

Is your salad bowl art? I helped a neighbor cut down a tree over the
weekend. While in the middle of cutting it up into sections long
enough to burn, the wife stopped me wanting the remaining part to use
in landscaping the yard. The husband questioned (twice) that she
wanted to put 'that' in the front yard. Is it art? To her it has a
shape she likes and wants to display. Was I an artist because I was
cutting up the tree? I didn't feel like one.