D. J. Dorn

I don't think is the general rule. I have a friend who bought a Ryobi 10"
CMS years ago and built his two story 3000 Square foot house and used 2x6
studs and every one had to be cut to length. He proceeded to build a three
car garage and large workshed for himself, a two car garage for me and
another for someone else. Last time I was there, that saw was just
beginning to lose its break but still cut square and like a champ.

Don

"Old Nick" wrote in message
On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 17:04:44 GMT, "toller" vaguely
proposed a theory
......and in reply I say!:

Hey, I have several Ryobi tools and they are a good value, but they are
pretty feeble.

I have seen an old 15a variable speed router at an estate sale, and wonder
if they used to make better tool, or if they have always been junk.

I am using a Bosch 1617evs with broken switch in my router table. It
works
fine, but occassionally I wish I had more power. I don't need another
router, as I have two more 1617 without broken switchs, so if the Ryobi is
no good I sure don't need it in my table, regardless of price.
Whatcha think?

Ryobi sells power. But they are as you say, pretty tinny. I have a 9"
circ saw that is powerful and tinny. I have a I had a weed whacker
that was powerful and the fuel lines fell to pieces, the carb went, it
was a bitch to start, the fuel tank cracked. And this thing was _not_
left in the sun.
Dogs are better than people.

People are better than dogs for only one purpose. And
then it's only half of ofthe people. And _then_ most
of them are only ordinary anyway. And then they have a
headache.........