Old Nick

On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 17:04:44 GMT, "toller" vaguely
proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

Hey, I have several Ryobi tools and they are a good value, but they are
pretty feeble.

I have seen an old 15a variable speed router at an estate sale, and wonder
if they used to make better tool, or if they have always been junk.

I am using a Bosch 1617evs with broken switch in my router table. It works
fine, but occassionally I wish I had more power. I don't need another
router, as I have two more 1617 without broken switchs, so if the Ryobi is
no good I sure don't need it in my table, regardless of price.
Whatcha think?

Ryobi sells power. But they are as you say, pretty tinny. I have a 9"
circ saw that is powerful and tinny. I have a I had a weed whacker
that was powerful and the fuel lines fell to pieces, the carb went, it
was a bitch to start, the fuel tank cracked. And this thing was _not_
left in the sun.
Dogs are better than people.

People are better than dogs for only one purpose. And
then it's only half of ofthe people. And _then_ most
of them are only ordinary anyway. And then they have a
headache.........