George

The old masters had their "studios" where the grunts and wannabes took away
a lot of the marble or painted the backgrounds. We still call them artists.

Since art is a personal feeling, should cut both ways.

"Arch" wrote in message
Have any of you competent turners ever been approached by a turning
luminary to be his/her ghost turner in the same sense as a paid ghost
writer? No names mentioned of course, but make no mistake it does
happen. This practice may be acceptable and harmless. I just wondered if
you thought it might impact the public's perception of woodturning as an
emerging art.