Gerald Ross

Arch wrote:
Changing spindle adapters and jaws on scroll chucks is a pain. I wonder
if someone in the ng could come up with a way to lessen the pain. I've
mused about
loosely held bolts captured in the jaws. Maybe tiny C clips to keep the
bolts in the holes? Or maybe some sort of snap-in?
Whatever, rcw's mutitude of machinists, engineers, inventors, tinkerers
and generally smart and innovative people should be able to come with a
better way.

Turn to Safety, Arch

Fortiter,

Steve Russell has almost stumbled onto the answer to the
problem, but it has eluded even him. Here it is: build an
addition onto the shop and set up an assembly line of
LATHES, one dedicated to faceplates, one with a large bowl
chuck, one for small spigot jaws, one for cole jaws, etc.
You could probably get a discount on buying lathes in
quantity. One nasty problem remains, however: walking from
one lathe to the other.

--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA