Joseph Meehan

"jamie" wrote in message
Gary V. Deutschmann, Sr. wrote:
[snipped]
What negative ionization does is NOT the removal of dust and pollen
from the home as most people think. Its primary purpose is to make
dust and pollen HEAVY so that it falls downward out of the air and
onto your furniture and floors where it can be manually removed.

It is my limited understanding that ion generator air cleaners (those
not attempting to draw the charged particles through collection plates)
cause the charged particles to precipitate mainly on the walls and
the breathing passages of the occupants -- not to fall onto floors
and furniture. Perhaps you can explain why static-charged hair stands
up, if the charge makes it "HEAVY".

--
jamie )

"There's a seeker born every minute."

What happens is it tends to cause the particles to attach to each other
and the now heavier and larger object will end to fall. Don't get me going
on Browning motion. :-)