Here to there

On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 20:42:02 -0500, Trent© wrote:
On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 13:54:02 GMT, Here to there
wrote:

Personally, I don't see why some people have such an issue with leaves.

Because when you have 4+ inches of leaves on your lawn, if you
don't take them up, you will have nothing but dirt left by
next Spring. And having your topsoil wash away in the Spring
rains is just no fun at all.

Can you explain this? I don't understand what yer gettin' at.

I don't rake my leaves...and I don't have dirt in the Spring.

Then you either don't have a lot of leaves fall,
or are blessed with winds that blow them all away. I had one
area in my lawn last weekend where I waded in up to my shins.
I guarantee there won't be any grass under there in the
Spring if I let it alone.

Nor do I see a lot of 'just dirt' in the forests.

Uh, walked in any forests recently? The vast
majority of what you're walking on is decomposed
leaves. Depending on where you live, there may
be lots of ferns, etc, but I can pretty much
guarantee that you're not going to find any significant
grasses underfoot.

- Rich