Here to there

On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 20:44:52 -0500, Trent© wrote:
On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 14:28:11 GMT, Here to there
wrote:

Most of that 4" is airspace between the leaves. Mulch them and they'll
be reduced to confetti size.

Uh, no. That's 4 inches of relatively tightly packed, wet leaves.
Not to mention that, not being affixed by their roots to the ground,
the mower tends to just push them to the side, rather than riding
over them.

I'm not saying that mulching them up isn't a fine idea when
appropriate - that's what I do in my front yard, where I only
have a couple of maples, and there's only an inch or so on the
ground. But short of having a mower with 5 inches of ground
clearance, mowing and mulching simply isn't an option.

You must have funny trees. They dump 5" of leaves at a time.!

You must have funny trees, if they don't. :-)

I walked out into my yard this morning, and my feet sank in
to just over the top of my foot. And this is just 5 days after having
raked up tons in the same area, mind you.

Where I live, the leaves sail gently to the ground...then the next
one...then the next one. lol

Where I live, they all generally come down in a couple of
brief, but intense sessions. High winds last weekend,
and rain today.

And yet there's still a couple of huge silver maples
that haven't dropped any, yet.... sigh.

- Rich