John Barry

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message ...
snip
Maybe there's a trick to using the blower to get the leaves into the bags?
Something my neighbors haven't discovered? All they seem to use them for is
creating the initial pile.

Blowing leaves into bags is kinda like shoveling proverbial s**t
against the tide. It's all a matter of efficient use of tools,
anyhow. Rakes are much better than blowers at getting sticks and
such. Blowers are much better at quick passes over areas to keep
leaves from accumulating to the point where they're likely to become a
matted blanket from a shower or ground moisture. Not to mention that
they can be much gentler on the grass.

IOW, the "correct" answer is "all of the above" at the opportune time.
And, for me, to compost them all in one part of my front lawn each
year- in hopes of being able to amend the crappy rocky subsoil that
nature left there.

John