Trent©

On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 04:21:54 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"Trent©" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 13:54:02 GMT, Here to there
wrote:

Personally, I don't see why some people have such an issue with leaves.

Because when you have 4+ inches of leaves on your lawn, if you
don't take them up, you will have nothing but dirt left by
next Spring. And having your topsoil wash away in the Spring
rains is just no fun at all.

Can you explain this? I don't understand what yer gettin' at.

I don't rake my leaves...and I don't have dirt in the Spring.

Nor do I see a lot of 'just dirt' in the forests.

In the forests, you see progressive layers of composted leaves, which is
why, is some places, you'll sink up to your ankles when you step in it. It's
great stuff. But, grass won't grow there to any great extent.

Yer correct. Most forests have an accumulation of generations of
leaves.

The best way to protect your lawn is to leave the leaves as they
fall...for protection against a harsh, cold Winter...then mow/mulch
them in the Spring.

Have a nice one...

Trent