Jeffrey J. Kosowsky

Tekkie writes:
Jeffrey J. Kosowsky posted for all of us....

We are about to upgrade our panel from 100A to 200A.
The run from the electric company drop to the panel is about 15 ft
vertical drop followed by 30 feet horizontal run within the house.

- Other than the fact that copper costs much more than aluminum, what
are the pros/cons of copper vs. aluminum?

- Is copper worth the added cost?

- Also, the supply will run through the unfinished utility portion of
the basement at joist level. Is it worth it to encase the cable in
metal (or pvc) conduit?

Hey Jeffy, going to the warehouse to get some cable and connectors cheap?
Say volts, amps, shorts and you will impress them with your knowledge and
they will drop their drawers, er prices to suit you.
--
Tekkie

What is your problem? Didn't your mommy ever teach you that if you
have nothing relevant or nice to say, then keep your mouth shut?

Sounds like you must be one of those incompetent, shady contractors
who can only get by through cheating naive customers -- if you were
any good and if you were an honest worker, I can guarantee you that
you wouldn't feel so threatened...