Tim Bacon

Default Hardware Floor Surface Preparation

I would like to put hardwood flooring down in my kitchen. Wife wants sold
oak planks to match the other rooms. Seems straight forward enough but I am
not sure if I need to do something to the exisintg floor first before I put
the hardwood floor down. The floor is plywood with glued on vinyl tiles. I
put 1/4 plywood on top of the tiles and put new vinyl tiles down. Can I
just go overtop of the whole mess? Or do I need to pull it all up (This
would be very hard considering I screwed down the 1/4 inch plywood!)?
Thanks for any recommendations.