TURTLE

"Jeffrey J. Kosowsky" wrote in message
I have the following quotes for an AC install on our *two* forced air
heating units and wanted to sanity check it for quality of equipment
and pricing. Location is New England and there are no significant pipe
routing or equipment location issues.

The quotes includes all installation (condenser, pad, refrigeration
lines, condensate removal) and equipment *except* for evaporator/coil
(already installed) and electrical (to be done by electrician).

Quote A: $5400
- (1) 13/14 SEER Lennox model HS26-030 - 2.5 Ton
- (1) 13/14 SEER Lennox model HS26-042 - 3.5 Ton

Quote B: $5370
- (1) 12 SEER American Standard, model 2A7A2030A - 2.5 Ton
- (1) 12 SEER American Standard, model 2A7A2042A - 3.5 Ton

Which is better?
Is the costing reasonable for equipment and installation (as above)?

Thanks,
Jeff

This is Turtle.

I could not say as to price for it being the upper states but they do seem a
little pricey to me. Here in Louisiana I would not be able to get those prices.
Here it would have to be a 15 or 16 seer to try to get up to that price here.
The Upper states always get more than here.

Now the most or only biggest thing that I would look at is the installer being
of a good installer and everything to a Tee installed. The installer can make
you or break you by how he installs it. Look at the installer very closely as to
doing a good job and also a real good job for that kind of money.

TURTLE