Jeffrey J. Kosowsky

Wayne Whitney writes:
On 2004-11-03, Jeffrey J. Kosowsky wrote:

Finally, rather than having a meter outside, then a main breaker
just inside, and then a 30 ft run over to the panels, we are
thinking about placing a combo meter/breaker unit outside replacing
our old meter and then entering the house and running 30 feet
directly over to the new panel.

My understanding is that by having an exterior main breaker (shutoff),
the interior panel is considered a subpanel, and so the conductors
leading to it are feeders, not service conductors. I have a similar
situated, I elected to use 1/0 Al SER cable as my feeder cable; it is
stapled to the underside of the joists in my crawl space.

Cheers, Wayne

I believe you are correct technically -- sorry for my misleading "lay"
use of the word "supply" when feeder (and subpanel) were more
technically correct.