Peter

"Matthew J.E. Durkin" wrote in message
"Peter" wrote in message

"Matthew J.E. Durkin" wrote in message
Hi All,
about 1.5 years ago I bought a Zanussi washer dryer. Its the WJD1667W
model,
which was supposed to be a really good one.
After 6 months, the dryer fan stopped working, machine got very hot

and
cut
out. I called the repair guy out under warranty. The guy took the lid
off
and the damn fan worked fine. Nothing we could do would recreate the
problem. He replaced the fan. I questioned whether it might be a fault
on
the control side, but he said it was unlikely.
6 months after this, just before the warranty expired the machine got

the
spin cycle at the end of a cycle and just kept going. half an hour

later
and
a lot of spinning (and the timer not counting down) I pulled the plug
and
called him back again. Again we couldn't recreate the problem, he took
the
lid off, poked around and told me it was my fault and that the load

was
probably unbalanced. Appaerntly this machine is very sensitive to
unbalanced
loads. I was inclined not to believe him, but there wasn't a lot I

could
do.
Now, another 6 months on and out of warranty, the machine stopped mid
cycle
and is unable to drain itself. I have to drain it through the filter
panel
to get the door release to operate. I've tried several times and it
doesn't
drain. The drain pipe is clear (I can blow down it very easily, and

hear
the
air bubbles bubbling through the undrained water). The filter is also
completely free of stuff.

So what should I do? To get the service guy out is £60+VAT + parts. I
think
Zanussi should just replace the machine - it's been nothing but fault
after
fault. Additionally, there's only 2 of us, so it's not even heavily
used.
Anyway - anyone else's experience here would be appreciated.

The second thing is, where could I get a service manual? I can't even
get
the pump at the moment - seems the whole machine is made in two

halves,
with
the drum attached with large springs. I'm really not sure how to get

the
pump, or whether this is even possible.

Any advice appreciated,
Matthew

Most likely some object jammed in pump, not necessary to strip machine

at
all the pump is at the bottom right hand corner it simply slides out of
the
filter housing it is held in by a plastic clip on the machine base. A

new
pump is universal Ascoll type and very easy to obtain and cheap.

Peter

Thanks for that - so I'd need to get the machine on its side to get at

the
pump from underneath right? Do you know whether I can check the pump is
getting power from the top of the machine (I can get the lid off easy).

could get a multimeter onto anything accessible from the top easily

before
I tip the machine over and go underneath.

Matt

Just been under machine. mains is being supplied to pump. Is this relay
driven, or straight from a power semiconductor. If the latter, it might be
failing under load (I had to detach the leads to test). If relay, unlikely
to be load problem. Either way, could be pump.
Odd that the pump would fail given it's very new.
Any more advice much appreciated. Any idea on the exact pump?

your making it very complicated just remove the pump and take out the
obstruction there will be no failing underload or such problems. Be carefull
to retain and refit the o ring seal on the pump, no need to tip machine on
its side just lean it back and slide out pump.

Peter