Phil

On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 09:49:05 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
Phil wrote:
It's not a question of believing you, just of understanding the basis of
your recommendation. Nowhere have you said you have actually used it on
polythene type membranes, and polythene is one of the most difficult
substances to glue. The vast majority of adhesives will not stick to it.

Evostik type glues work ok for this application. Might 'melt' some types
of paint, though, but not, I'd say, modern ones.

Yes, I have used it in the past an it does stick fine, but Evostik fails
the re-stick criteria. The original manufacturers adhesive stayed tacky
and you could peel off the membrane, and it will stick back down again.
But after 14 years it has finally hardened.

--
Phil
Replace NOSPAM with bigfoot to reply