Phil

On Sat, 6 Nov 2004 09:28:58 -0000, ":::Jerry::::"
wrote:

"Phil" wrote in message
On Sat, 6 Nov 2004 00:19:48 -0000, ":::Jerry::::"
wrote:

"Phil" wrote in message
On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 21:23:39 -0000, ":::Jerry::::"
wrote:

snip

Try this URL (mind any line wrapping);

http://products3.3m.com/catalog/us/e...motive_afterma

rket/node_GSWMS8NB1Nbe/root_GST1T4S9TCgv/vroot_GSLPLPKL4Xge/gvel_6DTWTJQPBBg
l/command_AbcPageHandler/theme_us_aad_3_0

Right, now I know what you are talking about. Without having actually
used this stuff, I can't be sure, but it doesn't look right to me for
adhering to polythene....

snip

Well it (or one of the other makes) will do what require [1], but it's

up to
you if you wish to believe me or not, just to say that I've used the

stuff
to 'glue' far more demanding things than a door pad sealing membrane....

[1] types / makes do not set like a rubber but style semi soft, both

will do
what you require.

It's not a question of believing you, just of understanding the basis of
your recommendation. Nowhere have you said you have actually used it on
polythene type membranes, and polythene is one of the most difficult
substances to glue. The vast majority of adhesives will not stick to it.

But this is NOT an adhesive, it's a seam sealer which is more like a liquid
rubber before it 'sets' (like rubber). Even if it doesn't 'glue' the
membrane it will form a seal. I really can't see any reason why it won't do
as you need.

That may well be the case but as, I take it, you have not ever tried it
for sticking to polythene, I won't lash out my dosh to be the
guinea-pig. I still think a roll of double-sided vinyl/lino tape is my
best bet. Thanks for the suggestion and links anyway.

--
Phil
Replace NOSPAM with bigfoot to reply