SwampBug

The certainly are, I got their oscillating spindle sander from HD. It =
sat unopened in my shop for maybe 6 months before I even opened the =
box(caught it on sale). When I finally fired it up it ran maybe 5 =
minutes before making the loudest screeching noise, like a dry bearing, =
before I shut it down. It will now run a few seconds before repeating =
the noise. No place to oil it and it claims no serviceable parts. Am I =
suppose to throw it away. I will not be buying more ryobi stuff. I do =
have a corded drill, with clutched chuck, that still works great tho.

--=20
SwampBug
- - - - - - - - - - - -

"RonB" wrote in message =
No, but they aren't getting any better.

I have one of the older Ryobi surface planer (12-5/16"). In fact, I =
believe=20
this is one of the first on the market. Even after several years it is =
a=20
great machine, solid and still works great. Problem is Ryobi has quit=20
providing knives directly to customers and the aftermarket prices are =
2-3=20
times original price (thankfully Delta's fit it too). Some of their =
older=20
sanders just keep going too.

I has recently helping my daughter shop for routers for a gift to her=20
husband. You could depth-lock a Ryobi and yet move the body in the =
mount=20
with moderate hand pressure. Talk about built-in frustration.

A new hand grinder I bought a year or so ago lasted one day.