RonB

No, but they aren't getting any better.

I have one of the older Ryobi surface planer (12-5/16"). In fact, I believe
this is one of the first on the market. Even after several years it is a
great machine, solid and still works great. Problem is Ryobi has quit
providing knives directly to customers and the aftermarket prices are 2-3
times original price (thankfully Delta's fit it too). Some of their older
sanders just keep going too.

I has recently helping my daughter shop for routers for a gift to her
husband. You could depth-lock a Ryobi and yet move the body in the mount
with moderate hand pressure. Talk about built-in frustration.

A new hand grinder I bought a year or so ago lasted one day.