IMM

Default CM67 Optimum Start algorithm

"Neil Jones" wrote in message

A real cheap solutions is to create a
manifold and have all the rads
flows off this. Each rad has a 2-port
zone valve (cheap at £21 at BES) and
each rad has an electronic wall stat.

This only goes half way, though. With
a simple wall stat I can't say
that I want my bedroom at 18C between
10pm and 11pm, and 20C between 6am
and 8am, and that I don't care what happens
in between as long as it
doesn't go below 5C.

Then replace the simple wall stat with a wall stat/programmer.
Some
of
these are now quite cheap and well specced. So, one single
channel
timer
for the DHW and only wall stat/programmers. But I would have a
single
channel timer on the CH to make sure all the CH off, a master
controller.
This could be programmed to be on for a few hours a day when

on
hols.
For
frost protection, you could have a switch that only allows the
hall
stat/programmer to operate and all zone valves are powered

full
open
bypassing the room stat/programmers.

This is a good, relatively simple, and very effective solution

for
new
installation, using ready made off-the-shelf parts, that any
heating
engineer can understand, but may be disruptive to re-divert

the
existing
pipes.

OK, so I've got £23 for the zone valve and £30
for the programmable stat, per room.

They are available for far less than that.

Are they?

I have seen them around for £20-25. Screwfix do one for £25, not sure

if
the spec fits your needs though.

Plus wiring to supply each stat, and replumbing, and
redecorating. I don't think your suggested system is realistic

as a
retrofit, in my situation, at least.

That is what I pointed out. If renovating then this is a good
solution.

No, what you actually said was "A real cheap solutions is to create

manifold and have all the rads flows off this. Each rad has a

2-port
zone valve (cheap at £21 at BES) and each rad hasn electronic wall
stat."

What I also said was:

"This is a good, relatively simple, and very effective solution for a

new
installation, using ready made off-the-shelf parts, that any heating
engineer can understand, but may be disruptive to re-divert the

existing
pipes."

You said this after I pointed out your 'solution' wasn't going to fly,
so you modified it to use programmable stats instead of ordinary
bimetallic ones.

You must follow the thread, you were apart of it. I suggested "electronic"
stats BTW, then with your response stat/programmers.

It was once I started to look into your suggestion that you added

the
caveats that meant it wasn't a solution at all, nor was it "real

cheap".

What do you mean it is not a solution? What do understand by

"solution"?

YOu haven't even found out what I want to achieve - how can you know if
it is a solution or not?

You were on about individual control of each room if I recall rightly. If
you want individual control of each room in temperature and time, and temps
at set patterns over a day, then this is very cheap solution. VERY CHEAP!

Cheap? At max £50 per room (£24.68 per zone valve: £25 for stat = less

than
£50). If ordering 10 of each you may get a discount. Compare that to

the
Honeywell RF method.

I have 11 radiators. According to you, £550 is cheap?

For that solution? with functionality? buttons!

Plus wiring, plus plumbing, plus redecoration. All these are cheap too,
are they?

You must focus. I clearly made the distinction new build/renovation and
existing.

As I said..."This is a good, relatively simple, and very effective

solution
for a new installation, using ready made off-the-shelf parts, that any
heating engineer can understand, but may be disruptive to re-divert

the
existing pipes."

You said this after I had pointed out that your original 'solution' was
a non starter.

It was a starter, then you said you wanted time control and different temp
throughout the day for individual rooms. What do you want? Me to pay for a
CM67z system for you and fit it over the weekend too? My God!

What an ungrateful sod!

Your problem, if I may be so bold, is that you propose 'solutions' when
you haven't taken the trouble to identify the problem.

What is your problem? The technical one, it is clear you have a personal
one.