Fly-by-Night CC

In article ,
"Fletis Humplebacker" ! wrote:

It sounds like you want the brass look so I would get the real deal.

Buck, if you want the look of brass over a long period of time you've
got to get brass. Stanley and others have cheaped out and are only
putting a thin flash of brass and a lacquer-like finish to maintain the
look just long enough.

Otherwise you could primer and paint.

Ummm, Fletis? You think that will look good at *all* much less for any
length of time? Every door in my house has had it's hinges pulled,
stripped and remounted. I'd much rather have tarnished brass or
discolored nickel plating than paint. YOMV

____

"To know the world intimately is the beginning of caring."
-- Ann Hayman Zwinger