David

Nice try, Barry, but I was comparing Delta's apples to PM's apples. The
issue is MORE than just the light and blower. The Delta was the 1.5 HP
model (who's number I'd have to research) that was available just a
scant couple of months before the X5 models were introduced. I've seen
the X5's in action too; I'm no more impressed by them their their
earlier brethren. You forgot to mention the Carter guides on the PM.
Or the superior drive belt on the PM. Or the vibration free operation
of the PM. Or the better dust collection. Or the lower wheel brush...

Rest assured I'm not at all bothered by YOUR opinion that the Delta is a
better choice. I'm just glad that I realized the mistake I made when I
got the Delta home. I learn from my mistakes, and move on.

David

Ba r r y wrote:
On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 17:25:14 -0800, David wrote:

I have the Powermatic and LOVE it. I had a Delta, which in MY opinion
was an unmitigated piece of crap.

Which Delta? Some are, some aren't.

The X5 has different (heavier & more spokes) wheels, more horsepower,
and several other improvements, than the cheaper Delta models. In a
head to head comparison, which included cutting some wood, I chose the
X5 over the Powermatic. It was a close race, and I think either saw
will do an excellent job for a long time.

The Delta is lacking the light and blower, but includes a really nice
blade tension release lever.

Barry