tzipple wrote:

However, the Powermatic comes with a good fence, miter, lamp, Carter
Quick-Tension release, dual bearing blade guides, etc. Just the fence,
miter, and lamp would add about $135 to the price, making the price
difference between the two saws "only" $165. But that seems like a
reasonable price to pay for the added features like the better blade
guide, somewhat more powerful motor, etc.

Sorry for double post but I doubt you are going to run out and buy a
different bandsaw if you don't like your pick. This is a likely
lifetime purchase. Go with the Powermatic. I have a Jet JWBS-20 that
I bought on the idea that I am unlikely to ever buy another bandsaw so
I got one that I figured I would be happy with. Yes, it has flaws but
I am happy enough with it.

Wes