Ba r r y

On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 17:25:14 -0800, David wrote:

I have the Powermatic and LOVE it. I had a Delta, which in MY opinion
was an unmitigated piece of crap.

Which Delta? Some are, some aren't.

The X5 has different (heavier & more spokes) wheels, more horsepower,
and several other improvements, than the cheaper Delta models. In a
head to head comparison, which included cutting some wood, I chose the
X5 over the Powermatic. It was a close race, and I think either saw
will do an excellent job for a long time.

The Delta is lacking the light and blower, but includes a really nice
blade tension release lever.

Barry