Tom Watson

On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 03:03:16 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

I sure hope it looks better in person. On my screens both at home and at
work, they look like cherry Kool Aid.

It's not the fault of your screen but of the light that the photos
were taken in.

The point of the exercise, which seems to have been missed, is that
most people can't tell the difference between cherry and poplar, if
they are both finished using the same toner.

It doesn't matter if these samples appear too red. The same point
would stand if they were both finished to a color that had more brown
in it.

All the samples were finished in the same way.

Not one person picked out which samples were cherry and which not.

And this is on a woodworking newsgroup.

Think about it.

Regards,
Tom.