Paper2002AD

Take a look at the latest free magazine at Travis Perkins - details of a
bricklaying system where a different bonding agent is used. The 'muck' is
dispensed in two perfectly measured lines along the whole course (for

double
skin wall) with the ends of the bricks to be laid buttered by the same

machine
with the bricks on the ground, in rows and on end. The result (they say)

is a
perfect bond and bricks laid in less time.

How many bricks now then guys?

I'm not sure about the "different bonding agent" bit ...
The device is demonstrated frequently on QVC by its inventor,
I've seen it in Homebase too, where it seems a similar price
to that on QVC (taking in account p+p.)
Apparently is doesn't 'do' the first course which must be
laid to a string line ... for obvious reasons ... but it gives
the correct amount of mortar between the bricks _and_
the correct 'indent' -so there's no need to 'point' the bricks.
It also does 90deg returns. The inventor claims that it
doesn't waste mortar as nothing falls onto the floor and
excess mortar can be returned 'clean' onto the board.
I haven't used one ... yet ...

Is this the "brickytool"?....
--

No - its called 'thin joint masonry' or 'glued brickwork'