Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Phil wrote:
After many false trails I have narrowed down the cause of wet carpets in
our cars to rain leakage past the plastic membrane between the door trim
panel and the door metalwork. I have to confess that for years I thought
the membrane was for keeping out draughts, but I know see it forms a
critical part of a cunning water drainage system. There is actually a
shallow vertical channel pressed along the bottom of the door inner skin
with a drain slot through the skin (see below in fixed font).

I'm intrigued. How is the membrane sealed? All the doors I've seen have
fixings for the outer trim that couldn't be sealed. And holes for things
like wires and door handles. I've always just considered it to be for the
odd splash.

--
*Happiness is seeing your mother-in-law on a milk carton

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.