Doctor D

Have you asked the price in a (shock horror) electrical wholesalers /
factors ?...

No, I'm happy with the price at Screwfix etc, and I don't have time and
inclination to trawl around wholesalers as long as I know the price I'm
paying is not well over the odds. Oh, and I also live in rural
Worcestershire where shopping around means big miles!

Multiply that by the fact that I'm working my way through re-furbishing

the
whole house and the money saved runs into thousands!

Have you asked for prices in a (shock horror) builders merchant etc. ?...

See above response! Although I will usually call a timber merchants or
builders yard to see whether the price is way off the mark.

I also love the fact that I can get home in the evenings, have my tea,

then
place an order on the PC whilst the wife watches some old tosh on the

TV!
The goods are delivered in a couple of days for me to get on with the

work!

Ah, now we get to the truth, you know the price of light bulbs in Asda
because you (or more likely your wife) has to go there so you can eat, and
ordering 'on-line' means that you don't have to get off your butt at the
weekend (or when ever)...

Not sure why it took you so long to get to the truth......
You're partly right. We shop on line at Tesco.com so that I don't have to
get off my butt even to buy food after spending the day working off my butt!
I had to call in to Adsa to collect something, and was pleased to see ES
lamps at a good price, AND good value GE rough service lamps, which I never
thought I'd see in a supermarket. I tend to spend all weekend (and most
evenings) off my butt doing up the house.
In reality Jerry, you're happy with going into shops and buying your bits &
pieces, and I'm happy sitting at home doing the same thing. You're probably
getting better service from your local man then I am from Screwfix at the
moment, and what you're saving by shopping around, I'm probably saving in
time and diesel.

---