Mike G

":::Jerry::::" wrote in message

"Mike G" wrote in message

"Doki" wrote in message

:::Jerry:::: wrote:
"Phil" wrote in message

snip

[ re the long winded question about car door membranes ]

First off, what car is it, this might effect what should be used.

Second, if you don't mind having to replace the plastic each time

you
remove the membrane then use PU sealer, but don't get it any where
you don't want to stick other wise you'll end up bonding it to the
door frame.

TBH I'd go for duct tape or similar, I've been told it's what the

mechanics
use at my Ford dealer... You can't often buy new membranes IME.

Yep. Duct tape is the way to go IMO.

And is nothing but a bodge.

It's what I've always used without any
problems, as long as you make sure the interior door skin is clean

before
sticking.

Oh do get a clue...

Thaught you'd left.
Obviously our misfortune that you haven't.
You always seem more interested in making scathing remarks about the posts
of others, rather than offering constructive advice yourself.
Mike.