Trevor Smith

Default Speedfit and shower pumps

"Grunff" wrote in message
Justin wrote:

Looking at the joints, the manufacturers recommend sleeves are used to
support the pipe internally, I presume to stop it being crushed. Bearing

in
mind its only 15mm pipe, will these sleeves restrict to any great degree

the
flow rate?

Yes, you must use inserts. If using plastic pipe to compression
fittings, use either stailess (hep) or copper (cuprofit) inserts.

To join the pipe to the existing copper I was considering the use of a

full
bore valve, such as a stopcock.

Stopcocks are rarely full bore. I suspect you mean a quarter turn ball
valve?

I seem to think service valves etc will
restrict flow?

Yes, they will.

You can use two 15-22 adaptors one each side of a 22mm service valve which
has a bore that is close to 15mm.