TheScullster wrote:
From experience, be aware that some (maybe just the more expensive
directional type) light fittings have gaps between outer housing and

bulb
mounting.
This allows all manner of creapy crawlies, likely attracted by the

light in
the first place, access from loft space to kitchen (or in my case

bathroom).
I made some covers for the "backs" of my fittings to keep these

critters at
bay and also stop insulation covering them.
Is there no way you can accommodate a hatch?

Phil

Thanks

Unfortunately the loft hatch is out of the question due to the height,
about 3 ft tapering to nothing, but more importantly SWMBO doesn't want
one!!