mark

In message , bill
writes
Can anyone give me a rough guide as to how many bricks a bricklayer should
be able to lay in an hour/day/week, whatever it is measured in if working at
a moderate pace? Assume the wall to have good access, be single skin,
nothing complicated, and about 2m high.
Many thanks.

There is no set rate for laying bricks.
There is the old chestnut about a 1000 bricks a day.
The only time we actually did it was on our own premises (warehouse size
all wall no windows and absolutely going for it after stacking out the
bricks, having already got the footings nice and straight and raised the
corners).

Meanwhile; in the real world.
Lots of variables.
What are the bricks being built on?
How many corners?
How long is the wall?
What are the bricks like?
An allowance has to be made for the weather.
I reckon anyone who gives a quote for doing anything buildery per metre
or per unit is asking to come a cropper.

Get several quotes from ppl who can give references.
--
mark