Kalico

On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 05:46:43 -0000, "choco"
wrote:

I need some electrical advice. I'm doing a small project with a suspended
ceiling in a hallway. This is just a stretched canvas which acts like a
giant light shade. The proper ceiling above is solid concrete with a ceiling
rose and any further wiring has to sit on top of it. The lighting for this
project requires two sets of 3 x 20w low voltage halogen spots which mount
on the top ceiling. I have these from Ikea and they each come with a small
transformer to be mounted on the ceiling and 3 pin plugs. I want the most
flexibility to change the lights or turn off one of the sets. So... I
thought I'd leave the plugs on and fit a double socket on the ceiling,
replacing the ceiling rose with a 4-way junction box. Is this an unsafe
idea? Should I fit an extra fuse between the junction box and socket? Thanks
for your input.

I would cut off the 3 pin plug and wire them into fused connection
spurs with small fuses in.

That way there can be no doubt about plugging in any other plugged
appliance up to 13A.

HTH
Rob

Replace 'spam' with 'org' to reply