in2minds

"bill" wrote in message
Can anyone give me a rough guide as to how many bricks a bricklayer
should
be able to lay in an hour/day/week, whatever it is measured in if
working at
a moderate pace? Assume the wall to have good access, be single skin,
nothing complicated, and about 2m high.
Many thanks.

my son (an apprentice bricky) recons 80 bricks (9x4x3) an hour is good
going over an 8 hour day, if it's a basic straight wall and you want a
quality job.
but you have to remember there are limitations, a high short wall could
take longer than a low long wall, even using the same number of bricks,
because the mortar has to go "off" enough while the next courses are
being laid.

he also said expect to pay around £1 per brick (for laying them not for
the bricks).

LJ