Mary Fisher

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 22:00:02 +0000, Stefek Zaba
wrote:

Andy Hall wrote:

They were called a Pedoscope and it was part of the ritual in any
Clark's approved supplier of kid's shoes.

[ ... ]

I reckon that they had disappeared by the early sixties.

Still in use Ooop Noorth (Wilmslow) in the later sixties - had my feet
done more than once with this brilliant (?) invention when a nipper,
can't have been earlier than 1967...

Stefek

Yebbut it's not really Ooop Noorth in the real sense is it?
Wilmslow is to Manchester as Solihull is to Birmingham - a sort of
island of the sophisticated south - kind of.

It's north of the M25 which is what seems to matter these days.

It mattered even more in the 60s.

(Said he, fed up because the Times has turned exclusively tabloid this
week - don't know what the world's coming to. I was going to say
that they'll have tits on page 3 next, but with some of the articles
about our illustrious politicians, I think they already have...... ).

That's an insult to tits.

I gave up reading newspapers years ago.

Mary
Leeds