Mary Fisher

"Bob Smith (UK)" bob@nospamplease wrote in message

"Paul Mc Cann" wrote in message
.. .
In article ,
am says...
On 3 Nov 2004 11:28:46 GMT,
(Andrew
Gabriel) wrote:

In article ,
Andy Hall writes:
On 3 Nov 2004 10:50:36 GMT,
(Andrew
Gabriel) wrote:

In article ,
"mlv" writes:
I've tried all the obvious suppliers without success and I guess I

now need
to find an old-fashioned hardware shop that still closes on a

Wednesday
afternoon.

If you're anywhere near Fleet, Hampshire, then Bakers in the main
shopping road (Fleet Road) is one of the few left. Just don't come
on a Wednesday afternoon (and I'm not joking;-)

Do they have one of those systems with wires across the ceiling with
little pots carrying the money to the cashier?

No -- there's too much merchandise hanging from the ceiling
for one of those to work.

I haven't seen one for years. When I was a kid, all the shoe shops
had them.

snip

...........and a machime to x-ray your feet

Never heard of that. Was that back in the days when radiation was good
for
you?

No, they still had them in the 60s.

I had my feet measured on one. I have very broad feet. My feet didn't fit on
the screen.

Is anyone listening to the Woman's Hour serial this week? It's scary ...

Mary

Bob