mlv

Default A Decent Screw!

Does anyone know where I can buy some traditional #12 x 2.1/2" zinc-plated
steel c/sunk woodscrews?

Everyone (and I do mean everyone) seems to only stock these fancy hardened,
twin-threaded, gold-plated, reduced shank, pozi-headed, etc. screws that may
be just wonderful for screwing into wood, but are (IMHO) quite inadequate
when used with plastic wallplugs. They simply don't give the firm, reliable
grip of the traditional woodscrew and seem rather prone to ripping the
centre out of the wallplug.

I've tried all the obvious suppliers without success and I guess I now need
to find an old-fashioned hardware shop that still closes on a Wednesday
afternoon.

Brass and stainless steel c/sunk woodscrews still come in the traditional
design, but brass would be too likely to shear off and I can't source any
#12 x 2.1/2" in stainless steel.

I only need 20 of them!

Thanks
--
Mike
-Please remove 'safetycatch' from e-mail address before firing off your