Mary Fisher

"chris French" wrote in message
In message , Mary Fisher
writes

"mich" wrote in message

I stopped using them - or rather I was STOPPED from using it by stores
and
store detectives because every time I went into a store with my bag they
eyed me up with suspicion.

I doubt that anyone would eye a string bag with suspicion, you can't hide
anything in a string bag. I know - we make them (we don't use them).

I think Mich needs to wonder why he comes across as a such a suspicious
character.

I nearly always go shopping with a bag of some sort, usually a small
backpack or a couple of cycle panniers, never once have I ever had an
issue with this.

My favourite plastic bag tale was about 10 years ago in a large M&S in
London. I bought a small item, a pack of socks or somesuch, when I paid
the checkout person wanted to put it a small plastic bag, I said I didn't
need a bag (I didn't have bag, but it would go in my pocket).

CP: 'I have too'

Me: I don't need one'

etc.

CP ' You need a bag to show you bought it here'

ME ' So if I put something a bag it means I've bought it...That's what the
receipt is for.....'

In the end she insisted in putting it in the bag, I let her, then took it
out and gave her the bag back - she looked so ****ed off.......
--
Chris French, Leeds

That reminds me of folk who, when visiting London, bought the cheapest thing
they could find at Harrods just to get the posh bag. Then they'd use that
bag for as long as it lasted. I could never understand it.

Mary