Default Identify a bolt thread

"Nigel Mercier ®" wrote in message
Can anyone help me identify a bolt thread?

On my imperial steam driven micrometer, the diameter measures 0.392" (so
it's 10mm) and the pitch is 1mm. So muggings here assumes it's a
standard 10mm bolt thread, but having bought one it is much coarser.

What is it, and where can I get a bolt with this thread?

It is M10 x 1.0mm - a non-preferred BS size. You can get the bolts from most
good industrial fastener suppliers, but you are likely to run into minimum
order quantities or charges if you only want one.

Colin Bignell