Martin Whybrow

"Steve" wrote in message
Martin Whybrow wrote:

I have just been given an HP 1650B logic analyser but I don't have a

system
disk for it so I can't use it :-(
Anyone know where to get hold of this disk or can it be downloaded from
somewhere?
TIA,
Martin.

Martin,
Physically, this is a 3 1/2 inch PC floppy, however the format
is not PC compatible. IIRC, the speed of rotation of the HP drive is
like twice that of a PC. So you will not be able to download it and
copy it from your PC. Duplicating a system disk from or on another
HP 1650B is really your only option. Oh, and make darn sure you make
yourself several copies once you do lay your hands on one.

Thanks, Steve

Steve
I might be able to do that on my Linux box (most floppy drive parameters can
be altered in software on that system).
I did get hold of a 1652 system disk, but at boot up I got an error message
0020 000B164 2000; not sure if it's because I have the wrong disk or if
there is a fault on the unit (the colleague who gave me the analyser didn't
mention it).
Thanks,
Martin

--
martindot herewhybrowat herentlworlddot herecom