Jim Lazzaro

Thanks for suggestions, I followed the standby back to an IC
(CTV322S)and tested components nearby but found nothing faulty; only
replaced a sus cap by using my trusty ESR meter.
However Frank is right about all other function on the remote do
respond when the TV is on a spare channel (presumably now in the off
state) but each one of them act like a swith because they make the TV
come on as normal.
I wonder where to narrow my search. The rely is obviously responding
so I will check further in that section.
Jim

(Pedro) wrote in message . com...
My guess is the TVs switching is faulty, but the only real way to tell
is to try another remote. Most dealers would allow you to buy and
bring back if not the solution, explain the circumstances.

Pedro

Which one is most likely at fault? the universal remote signal code or
the standby function of the TV? Please help as I need some real
expertise here before I venture into purchasing another remote.

Thanks
Jim