chris French

In message , Mary
Fisher writes

"mich" wrote in message

I stopped using them - or rather I was STOPPED from using it by stores and
store detectives because every time I went into a store with my bag they
eyed me up with suspicion.

I doubt that anyone would eye a string bag with suspicion, you can't hide
anything in a string bag. I know - we make them (we don't use them).

I think Mich needs to wonder why he comes across as a such a suspicious
character.

I nearly always go shopping with a bag of some sort, usually a small
backpack or a couple of cycle panniers, never once have I ever had an
issue with this.

My favourite plastic bag tale was about 10 years ago in a large M&S in
London. I bought a small item, a pack of socks or somesuch, when I paid
the checkout person wanted to put it a small plastic bag, I said I
didn't need a bag (I didn't have bag, but it would go in my pocket).

CP: 'I have too'

Me: I don't need one'

etc.

CP ' You need a bag to show you bought it here'

ME ' So if I put something a bag it means I've bought it...That's what
the receipt is for.....'

In the end she insisted in putting it in the bag, I let her, then took
it out and gave her the bag back - she looked so ****ed off.......
--
Chris French, Leeds