Mary Fisher

"Martin Pentreath" wrote in message
om...
I'm trying to find a doorbell which would be suitable to mount on the
outside wall in my back garden so that visitors don't get ignored
because we can't hear them ringing. I know there are cordless bells
available, but (call me old-fashioned) I prefer the idea of a proper
bell, permanently hardwired to the existing bellpush and transformer
rather than some plastic bleepy thing that I have to remember to take
out into the garden with me each time. I can mount the bell in a
reasonably sheltered location under the eaves, but I think an ordinary
indoor underdome bell would probably sieze up after a couple of years
of being out in the British winter (such as
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/VE792.html ).

So does anyone know where I can get an exterior grade doorbell?

No, and I'm not being flippant but when I've needed to be contacted when in
the garden I left a note saying, "Please shout loudly".

It always worked. So much so that people do it without being invited now ...

Mary.

Many thanks,

Martin