Mary Fisher

"Mark S." wrote in message
On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 15:53:05 -0000, ":::Jerry::::"
wrote:

"fred" wrote in message ...
Don't know if this is just Scotland (seems to be where all the 'best'

ideas
are tried out), but B&Q up here has started charging for carrier bags.

I had a little chat with the manager who informed me that it was them
doing their little bit to save the environment:

snip

They could do much more for the environment if they stopped retailing
everything in blister packs etc. IMO. Just what can you use am empty
blister
pack for, a plastic bag can be used for many purposes around the home.

Then you'd be putting illegal immigrants out of work you terrible
people... ;-)

and I'm not making that up either... the police came and rounded a
load up while they were harmlessly counting your screws and nails into
packets for the B&Q.

Evidence?

Mark S.