Mary Fisher

"mich" wrote in message

Anyone else effected, unimpressed or disinterested?

I'm not impressed with your response. We always carry Bags for Life

carriers
with me when we go shopping. They cost 10p each and have lasted a very

long
time. We sometimes also carry cloth bags, they're suitable for loose
vegetables with soil sticking to them.

They're all suitable for bits and pieces from shed shelves, even wire

wool.

I am not impressed by such ecological friendly responses. And I dont
believe
them either ( I go round too many supermarkets and DIY stores to be told
differently.)

er - what don't you believe?

getting soap box out and climbing on it

This issue really bugs me and so do the goody goodies who keep telling us
re use carriers.

At no time did I tell anyone to re-use carriers, I said that we did, that's
all.

I am old enough to remember when my mother used to take a SHOPPING BAG
with
her when she went shopping anywhere. When I was young, I too had one. I
had several in fact over the years, a string one which would rollup in
your
pocket, a fold up one and proper giant job which would carry Mary Poppins
wardrobe in it! They lasted for years and years, were strong and carried
huge amounts if you got a big sized one.

I stopped using them - or rather I was STOPPED from using it by stores and
store detectives because every time I went into a store with my bag they
eyed me up with suspicion.

I doubt that anyone would eye a string bag with suspicion, you can't hide
anything in a string bag. I know - we make them (we don't use them).

And as you suggested, they fold up small, as do cloth bags, and can be
carried in a pocket when empty. When full they hide no more than a shop
carrier bag - except the transparent ones of course but are you suggesting
that nothing can be hid in those either?

So NOW I REQUIRE THEM to provide me with a carrier FREE OF CHARGE EVERY
VISIT!!!!!

That's your privilege.

They created the situation. They need to find another way of solving it -
dont put it back onto me and dont charge me for a situation they created.

Er - I haven't put anything back on you.

As it happens, the charge for supermarket carriers - yours or anyone
else's - hardly affects us because we very rarely shop in them.

I don't understand your points :-)

Mary

putting soap box away