T i m

On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 15:53:05 -0000, ":::Jerry::::"
wrote:

"fred" wrote in message ...
Don't know if this is just Scotland (seems to be where all the 'best'

ideas
are tried out), but B&Q up here has started charging for carrier bags.

I had a little chat with the manager who informed me that it was them
doing their little bit to save the environment:

snip

They could do much more for the environment if they stopped retailing
everything in blister packs etc. IMO. Just what can you use am empty blister
pack for, a plastic bag can be used for many purposes around the home.

Good point!

Although, in some cases, I dare say the blister helps protect the
contents from damage .. preventing more 'waste' (should it get
broken).

Or, we could have small shops in the high street selling all those
little bits n bobs like they used to and serving the stuff up in paper
bags and .. ah .. ;-(

All the best ,,

T i m