Grunff

Default Speedfit and shower pumps

Justin wrote:

Looking at the joints, the manufacturers recommend sleeves are used to
support the pipe internally, I presume to stop it being crushed. Bearing in
mind its only 15mm pipe, will these sleeves restrict to any great degree the
flow rate?

Yes, you must use inserts. If using plastic pipe to compression
fittings, use either stailess (hep) or copper (cuprofit) inserts.

To join the pipe to the existing copper I was considering the use of a full
bore valve, such as a stopcock.

Stopcocks are rarely full bore. I suspect you mean a quarter turn ball
valve?

I seem to think service valves etc will
restrict flow?

Yes, they will.

In this way I make the joint and also have a convenient way
of shutting the supply off if needed.

Good plan.

Should I be using brass compression
valves or hep 2o variety to make the copper/Hep 2o pipe joints??

Up to you. I use standard lever/ball valves.

Whats best Speedfit or Hep2o ?

Both very good systems. Very similar.

Phew - there's a relief.

--