loutent

I am cosidering replacement of our 3.5 x 3.5 door hinges (which have
badly tarnished after 18 years). When I was at the local HD, I noticed
that they sell "lifetime finish" hinges which would be a great
replacement. They were sold individually at around $8 each. A little
expensive, but worth considering at least for some of the most visible
doors.

Sorry that I can't recall the manufacturer.

Lou

In article , Buck Turgidson
wrote:

Not exactly related to wood, but I suspect there is some knowledge here. I
replaced my interior doors with solid pine. I bought some new brass-colored
Stanley hinges for the doors. They are already discoloring and even rusting
in some spots, after about 2 months.

Can I coat them with something like shellac or flat poly to arrest the
corrosion and discoloration? Should I replace them with solid brass?
They're just hinges, but it is annoying to have something look so bad so
quickly The original 40 year-old hinges didn't look as bad.