Leo Van Der Loo

Pretty plain wood usually, turns very well, very shock resistant and
therefore a good use would be mallet heads and anything else that get
struck or hit upon like chisel handles, and yes used to be, weaving
machine shuttles.
I've got some old textile shuttles, I don't think they get used much
anymore.

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

James R. Shields wrote:

Dogwood is one of the most prized woods here in North Carolina. For years it
was the only wood that could be used to make spindles for textile machinery.
"Anonymous" wrote in message
newsan.2004.10.31.23.06.37.151812@notarealserver .com...

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 13:39:56 -0700, Bob Darrah wrote:

I got two big blocks of Dogwood over the weekend. Both are bout 24" by

16"

by 3". Is there anything special that I should know about Dogwood?

Yes, my street address. ;-)
Bill

--
http://cannaday.us (genealogy)